Visiting Shrek’s Adventure! in London? All info + How to buy tickets online
If you’re in London with little ones, do plan to spend some quality time with everyone’s favourite ogre. Shrek’s Adventure is certain to be the highlight of their visit to the city. It’s near a number of other kid-friendly attractions, making it easy to plan a thrilling all-day outing for your children—and you, too, of course! Buy your tickets here online.
Buy your tickets online and safe money
My advice: Buy your tickets here. Don’t spend your precious holiday time standing in queues when you can purchase tickets and book your visiting times easily and economically. Receive the tickets on your phone or print a hard copy if you wish. If necessary, you can cancel up to 24 hours in advance and receive a full refund. Ordering tickets is always safe and quick at GetYourGuide €23.
Combitickets: Combine and safe up to 20% per person
Welcome to Shrek’s Adventure!
Dreamworks Tours: Shrek’s Adventure! London opened in 2015. It’s operated by Merlin Entertainments, known for such popular attractions as SEA LIFE, Madame Tussauds, the London Dungeon, LEGOLAND, and the London Eye (many of which are just around the corner from Shrek, so check out the combination ticket options).
Shrek’s Adventure! spans 1900 square metres on the South Bank of the Thames. Visitors young and old will be wholly immersed in a highly interactive walk-through and a 4D flying bus ride with the beloved Shrek characters, all brought to life by new DreamWorks animation, cutting-edge 3D projection, and live actors in laugh-out-loud scenes.
An interactive 4D tour of Shrek's fantastic world
None of the senses is overlooked in the immersive and hilarious fantasy world of Shrek; guests’ noses will pick up the odours of Shrek’s swamp and the irresistible aroma of Muffin Man’s House. Come visit Shrek and his pals, and you can all be “ogre the moon”!
In the 70-minute interactive tour, you will go on a mission to find Shrek and bring him back to his home in the swamp. Along the way, magical characters will help or thwart you! The costumed actors are everywhere and lead the visitors through the adventure.
First, you'll meet Princess Fiona and help her make the bus magical! Did that work? Top! Then you step together with Donkey (the donkey) at the wheel as a driver in the magical 4D bus to search for Shrek. Everyone get in! Not only will you be looking for Shrek, you will also rediscover some of London's attractions and famous scenes from the famous Dreamworks films. Did you just fly the bus over the London Eye? Fly and walk through this magical world and try to get Shrek back home.
Click here to buy your tickets online
You meet Cinderella in Shrek's swamp: and guess what? Oh no! Shrek has disappeared from his beloved swamp! Can Cinderella help you find him? Hopefully Cinderella can help you collect the right ingredients so that at the end of the ride, you can make a secret mixture to find Shrek again in one piece.
Try to find Sleeping Beauty! First you have to navigate through a dizzying mirror maze here. We heard that Sleeping Beauty is waiting for the end of the maze, so try to reach her as soon as possible! She has some important information about Shrek to share (provided she's awake, of course).
The fortune teller, Esmeralda
Here you take a look at the crystal ball of the fortune teller in Rumpelstiltskin's carriage: is that Shrek you see in the glass? The big question: will Esmeralda help you, or will the Rumpelstiltskin's usual tricks to make her sabotage you?
Chat with Puss in Boots
Have a chat with the Puss in Boots in local cafe the Poison Apple (Poison Apple) . Unfortunately, you don't have enough time to chat with the famous barmaid Doris and the other - perhaps somewhat sinister - regulars. Our favorite red cat may have the secret ingredient to cast a special spell to help find Shrek. Be sure to ask him about this saying, if you dare !
Cooking with the Muffin Man
Time to dive behind the cooking pots! You have to continue your magic spell in the house of the Muffin Man : Finally you have gathered all the ingredients you need, but where can you cook the magic spell? Only the Muffin Man has the correct kettle that you can use for this!
Wheel of Torture: Rescue Pinocchio from the Wheel of Torture: Compete in a brutal game show.
Can you be the hero of the day and save poor Pinocchio ? If you manage to find the secret formula and cook, Shrek will reappear .
And new for 2020, the Trolls World Tour lets you listen, dance and sing on interactive music islands that correspond to each Trolls Tribe. Follow the amazing rainbow-colored carpet and enjoy many original photo opportunities.
Shrek’s Adventure! Opening Hours
- Shrek’s Adventure! is open seven days a week.
- The first tour begins at 10:00, and the last tour of the day starts at 14:45.
- Each visit takes roughly 75 minutes.
- In addition to purchasing your tickets at GetYourGuide, pre-booking your session is required, as new admission numbers will be limited.
Where is Shrek's Adventure located in London?
Address and map
Shrek’s Adventure! is located at the Westminster Bridge Road Riverside Building, County Hall, London SE1 7PB.
Take the Tube to one of these stations: Waterloo (5 minute walk), Westminster (5 minute walk), Embankment (13 minute walk) and Charing Cross (15 minute walk).
By Bus: You can reach Shrek's Adventure via routes 77, 211 and 381.
Drive your own car: There is parking at the Southbank Center (7 minutes walk), as well as the parking garage Q-Park Westminster (12 minutes walking). Tip: Book a parking space in advance online at Q-Park Westminster and receive a 15% discount with the promotional code "SHREK".
Click here to buy your tickets online
- Shrek's Adventure! is best suited for children aged 3-12.
- Infants aged 3 years and under may ride free but must still reserve a ticket.
- Children under 16 years cannot visit without a paying adult over 18 years of age.
- Accompanied children must be at least 0.9 metre and unaccompanied ones 1.3 metres.
- Buggies and pushchairs are not allowed inside during busy periods; you can store them in the complimentary buggy storage area, along with coats, bags, etc.
- Shrek’s Adventure! is now a cashless attraction, so be ready to make on-site payments for souvenirs, gifts, photos, and so on using a contactless bank card. (Do remember, though, that you cannot buy entrance tickets on-site; you must pre-book them.)
- The attraction is wheelchair-accessible except the bus ride; wheelchair users require specifically booked time slots. You can find more information about accessibility here.
- Non-contact temperature checks of all visitors are required, and social distancing will be indicated by floor markings, staff assistance, and signage.
- Shrek’s Adventure! was awarded the VisitEngland ‘We’re Good to Go’ industry charter mark, verifying that the attraction meets the Government and public health guidance on COVID-19 and that all the required health and safety processes are in place to ensure you have a safe and enjoyable visit.
Did you know? Shrek’s Adventure! has a jaw-dropping…
- 1,000 LED lights
- 100 km of audio-video cables
- 10,000 frames of projected content
- Nearly 10,000 cm of LCD-screen
- 300 speakers, giving 45.000 watt of power
- 30 amplifiers
- 21 screens
- 12 projectors giving 66,000 lumens
Largest and smallest characters?
Toothless from DreamWorks’ How to Train Your Dragon swoops overhead in the Arrivals Hall with a whopping 6-metre wingspan.
The smallest characters in the attraction are the Three Blind Mice. Look for this whiskered trio—in a bit of a perilous situation—below the Rickety Bridge.
3D printed bus
The Magic 4D bus is modelled after the classic London red double-decker bus. The image was scanned into a computer, and printed piece by piece with a state-of-the-art 3D printer. A team of gifted artists assembled and painted the vehicle. (Who appointed Donkey as the driver is anyone’s guess!)
Shrek’s Adventure! is the first time that Merlin (Europe’s largest visitor attraction operator) has collaborated with a Hollywood studio, Dreamworks, to license the use of its own characters and stories for an attraction.
Tickets and prices
You’ll find a wide assortment of ticket options here. No queues, no waiting, no aggravation, and ‘Shrektacular’ prices
Please note that no tickets are available at the entrance. Pre-booking is essential for all guests.
- 1 adult (16 years+), advance booking € 23
- 1 adult (16 years+), same-day booking € 33
- 1 child (3-15 years), advance booking € 19
- 1 child (3-15 years), same-day booking € 27
- Child under 3 years: Free admission, but booking still required
An overview of the tickets and combi-tickets
What Else Can You Do Nearby?
The Southbank area is peppered with family-friendly attractions and buying combination passes can save you a bundle of money. Also, there’s no waiting in queues—a straightforward online purchase gives you one simple access code.
- SEA LIFE London is right next to Shrek’s Adventure! and offers three floors of exhibits, including over 40 sharks from 12 different species, an Amazon rainforest display, the UK’s largest coral reef, and a host of mesmerizing jellyfish. The aquarium makes learning about marine life magical! Buy your tickets here
- Buy combo tickets for Shrek and the aquarium here. Adult tickets are € 45.16; children aged 3-15 enter for € 36.13. Children under 3 require bookings but enter for free.
- Just north of Shrek’s Adventure! on the bank of the Thames, you have the opportunity to view the city from the iconic London Eye—the world’s largest cantilevered observation wheel. From 135 metres above the ground, you’ll have stupendous, sweeping views of Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, and maybe even Windsor Palace on a clear day!
- Save some money and hassle by booking your Shrek and London Eye combination tickets here. The combo ticket prices are the same as for the SEA LIFE-Shrek combination.
5 Attractions pass
London Explorer Pass
- If you’ll be visiting for up to a month (or if you live in London, of course), get the most value for your money by purchasing a London Explorer Pass. This ultra-flexible pass allows you to choose 3, 4, 5, or 7 of London’s most beloved attractions. Each pass is valid for up to 30 days from activation upon your first visit and gives you a 35% savings off the full admission price.
- It couldn’t be easier—you can choose to receive the pass on any electronic device or print a hard copy. Just display the pass at the entrance, and off you go!
Choose from more than 20 tours and attractions, including Hampton Court Palace, St Paul’s Cathedral, a Wembley Stadium Tour, Shrek’s Adventure! and many more.
Where to stay in London? The best hotels:
The following hotels are just a few minutes’ walk from Shrek’s Adventure!, catering to a range of budgets and offering a range of amenities.
- London Marriott Hotel County Hall: Situated at the foot of the Westminster Bridge, this stately building originally opened in 1922 as the local government headquarters. Standard rates are approximately € 300 per night.
- Park Plaza Westminster Bridge:Featuring sleek, contemporary design, this hotel features a Balinese spa. Rooms start at approximately € 133 per night.
- Park Plaza County Hall: Stylish and modern, this hotel’s rooms offer panoramic views of the Thames and London’s major landmarks. Rooms start at approximately € 133 per night.
- Premier Inn London Waterloo: Conveniently close to the Waterloo tube station, this hotel offers clean, simple designs, comfortable beds, and great views. Standard rates are approximately € 70 per night
- Premier Inn London County Hall: Right next to the London Eye, this hotel is within easy walking distance of both Shrek’s Adventure! and the West End’s theatre district. Standard rates are approximately € 70 per night.
- Stayo Waterloo: Am I traveling with a larger group of people? Or do you have a large family? Yesterday I can now enjoy the central location in an apartment. From standard rates start at € 300 per night.
Sneak Peek: Watch Shrek's Adventure video
For the inside scoop and interviews with the residents of Far Far Away, subscribe to the weekly Shrek's Adventure podcast. Although it can hardly be compared to the real experience, this video gives you a small taste of what awaits you in Shrek's Adventure!
Don't miss a thing with our London travel guide!
Recognizable: You want to make sure that you don't miss anything during your vacation in London? Then there is good news, because we have already done all the research for you. Buy our London travel guide with a lot described points of interest (+ GPS coordinates). Do you want to try it out first? Download your preview London travel guide with more than 50 pages of up-to-date information including tips from locals, + 100 highlights